1.Speak with a physician
Find out if HF10 is right for you
Identifying a physician that offers HF10 is an important first step. At your initial consultation, your doctor will assess your condition, discuss relevant treatment options and answer any questions you may have about HF10.
2.Try HF10 in a temporary trial
In just a week, you can discover if HF10 is right for you.
The trial system delivers the same therapy as the implanted device. 9 out of 10 people choose to keep it.¹
- The trial consists of a simple procedure that can be performed in your doctor’s office or a local outpatient facility.
- Thin, flexible wires, called leads, are placed beneath the skin and next to the spine.
- You wear a temporary device under your clothes or on a belt that delivers stimulation to the leads.
- The system is customized for your pain. You then assess the pain relief and improvement to your daily activities.
- If you and your doctor agree HF10 works for you, then you can move forward with the implant to use HF10 continuously.
3.The implant procedure
A successful trial opens the door to continuing with HF10.
During a quick and minimally invasive procedure, a small device is implanted under the skin, just above the beltline or in the buttocks area. It’s connected to thin, flexible wires, just like those used in the trial, that are place near the spine. It’s also possible your physician may recommend an alternative approach using a paddle lead, which requires a slightly different procedure.
Implanting HF10 is typically an outpatient procedure, which means you will likely go home the same day.
Frequently asked questions
How long will the trial period last?
The trial period is typically about a week and usually no more than 14 days. Timing depends on your response to HF10 and your doctor’s recommendation.
Are there any restrictions after the trial procedure?
Your doctor will tell you what you can and cannot do after the procedure. In general, the device and dressings must remain dry to avoid infection. To ensure the leads stay in the right place, you should not lift your arms above your shoulders or lift heavy objects. Please consult your doctor before engaging in any physical activity.
Will I feel anything?
No. Unlike other spinal cord stimulation systems, HF10 does not create a tingling sensation, known as paresthesia. You may have some procedural pain, but this should subside within 1 or 2 days.
How do I know if the device is working?
When the green light on your Trial Device is flashing, HF10 is on.