Is a spinal cord stimulator right for me?
If you live with chronic pain, you know it can be a long, frustrating journey. It can take time to find a treatment option that works for you, but it is possible to find relief. You can get back to doing the things you love. Because everyone experiences pain differently, the goal is to find treatments that meet your specific needs.
While looking for an effective treatment option, your health care team might recommend medications, surgery, or steroid injections. When these treatments don’t work, it may be time to look into spinal cord stimulator (SCS) systems.
So, what is unique about SCS systems? Traditional treatment options haven’t worked for me; why should I consider one of these devices?
Why choose a spinal cord stimulator?
Spinal cord stimulators (SCS) systems have been around for more than 30 years. Some new SCS devices, like HF10, are helping people experience significant pain relief. Many people who have not had effective long-term pain relief with other treatment options , like medication or spine surgery, find SCS systems very helpful for pain relief.
HF10®, the SCS device with a strong track record of success for chronic back and leg pain, is a small, implantable medical device. It sends mild electrical pulses to the spinal cord to alter pain signals traveling to the brain, thus reducing pain.
What are some benefits of HF10? How is it different than other SCS devices?
Benefits of HF10
There are many benefits of HF10, including:
● HF10 is clinically proven to provide significant relief for both back and leg pain.1
● It can be left on 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
● It is not addictive and doesn’t cloud your thoughts, cause drowsiness or constipation as pain medications do.
● You can try out HF10 in a one-week temporary trial to see if it works for you.
● HF10 does not require major surgery.
Wondering if HF10 is right for you?
Spinal cord stimulator criteria
Everyone experiences pain differently, and some treatment options work better for some people than others. But many people are experiencing significant relief from their pain by using spinal cord stimulators. You may benefit from spinal cord stimulation systems, like HF10, if you:
● Experience chronic pain, which means you have been experiencing pain for more than three months.
● Have pain due to damaged or malfunctioning nerve fibers sending false pain messages to the brain.
● Experience pain is in your back, leg, or arms.
● Have tried treatments such as physical therapy, medication, injections, or surgery and have not achieved long-lasting pain relief.
● Need to be able to drive. Unlike many other treatment options that can limit one’s ability to drive, HF10 does not have driving restrictions like medications or traditional spinal cord stimulators.
Significant improvement in your pain can give you a better quality of life. The right treatment can get you back to enjoying time with your friends and family.
People who live with chronic pain may never live 100 percent pain-free. But with significant pain relief, you can get back to what you love. Many people with HF10 say they live their lives in a way they didn’t think was possible. Golfers are golfing. People who love their gardens are tending to their plants and vegetables. And parents and grandparents are playing t-ball with kids in the backyard again. If you’re experiencing chronic pain, this may be possible for you too.
Find out if HF10 is right for you.
Take a short assessment to determine if HF10 is right for you.
● People with chronic pain who have not found relief with medications, injections, or surgery may be candidates for spinal cord stimulation.
● HF10 has the highest demonstrated success rate at relieving chronic back pain and chronic leg pain. 1,2
1. Kapural L, et al. Comparison of 10-kHz High-Frequency and Traditional Low-Frequency Spinal Cord Stimulation for the Treatment of Chronic Back and Leg Pain: 24-month Results from a Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled Pivotal Trial. Neurosurgery. Published 09 2016
2. Stauss, T, et al. A multicenter real-world review of 10 kHz SCS outcomes for treatment of chronic trunk and/or limb pain. Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology. Jan. 22, 2019. *Mean time from implant to last visit is nine months.
After years of debilitating pain, Gregor found relief with HF10
Meet Gregor. Today he’s living like a normal 21-year-old in Lubbock, Texas with HF10 spinal…
Charles was able to achieve 80% pain relief with HF10!
When you chat with Charles, a 91-year old World War II veteran, you’d never know…